It’s been a year or more that people have been waiting for Google Home hardware to be able to control Insteon home automation hardware. Finally Insteon has come out with support for Google Assistant!
Insteon sent out an email earlier today with:
Text from the Email:
News and Updates from Insteon
Insteon Now works with the Google Assistant
We are happy to announce that today, Insteon-compatible lighting and electrical control devices (dimmers, switches, outlets, and thermostats) can now be controlled by the Google Assistant on voice-activated speakers, eligible Android phones, TVs and more.
If you already use the Google Assistant, check out this article on how to get started controlling Insteon.
Here are some things you can do with Insteon and Google Home
Lighting devices (dimmers, switches, outlets, bulbs):
- "Turn on the living room light"
- "Turn off the basement lights"
- "Set the dining room light to 65 percent"
- "Brighten the bedroom light to 100 percent"
- "Make it warmer"
- "Set the upstairs thermostat to 72 degrees"
- "Turn up the temperature by 2 degrees"
- "Set the thermostat to heating"
- "What's the temperature inside?"
- "Turn the downstairs thermostat off"